Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find the university that suits your needs.
Psychology Master Degrees
The Master’s in Psychology degree provides students a baseline of psychology education that enables the graduate to explore more in-depth study.
The Psychology Profession
Psychology is the study of mental thought and processes. Psychologists rely on research, case studies, and detailed observation to understand the mental behavior of individuals and groups. No matter if they are classified as social scientists, behavior scientists, or cognitive scientists, psychologists attempt to understand the role of mental functions in both the individual and society, while examining physiological and neurobiological processes that define behavior. Topics of psychology include perception, cognition, attention, emotion, phenomenology, motivation, brain functioning, personality, behavior, and relationships. Psychologists usually work as therapists, however a growing number conduct research on a wide variety of topics.
What are the Requirements for Earning an Master’s Degree In Psychology?
Psychology program curricula explore the principles of psychology within the framework of a strong clinical approach. Courses include the science of psychology and the treatment of mental and emotional disorders. Students are able to participate in several off-site programs to gain real-world experience through clinics and community partnerships. Here, students receive the hands on experience required for advanced learning. Prerequisites include official transcripts, a bachelor’s degree, and the GRE examination. Graduates work as therapists, counselors, research scientists, and professors.
Online General Psychology Master Degrees
- MS in Psychology: Grand Canyon University
- MS in Psychology – Industrial & Organizational Psychology: Grand Canyon University
- MS in Psychology – Educational Psychology: Kaplan University
- MS in Psychology: University of Phoenix
- MS in General Psychology: Walden University
Online Psychology Specializations
- MS in Psychology – Crisis Management and Response: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Health Psychology: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Leadership Development and Coaching: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Media Psychology: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Organizational Psychology: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Organizational Psychology and Nonprofit Management: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Program Evaluation and Research: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Psychology of Culture: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Social Psychology: Walden University
- MS in Psychology – Terrorism and Security: Walden University
Find an Online Master\'s Degree
With all of the competition in today's workforce, having a bachelor's degree often times won't cut it. For those looking for better job placements and more opportunities in their career fields, consider embarking on an academic journey toward achieving a master's degree. Below are the top online universities that offer such graduate degree programs.
|Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, Kaplan University offers online and campus-based master's degree-level programs of study in the following subjects: business, IT, education, healthcare, nursing, and criminal justice.
|Post University has several Masters Degrees available at the campus or through online courses. These programs include several of the most popular masters degrees, including Business Administration, Teaching, and Public Administration. These programs can be completed in as little as eighteen (18) months, allowing students to advance their careers in under two years.