Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find the university that suits your needs.
Nursing Master Degrees
The Master of Science in Nursing is an advanced postgraduate degree for registered nurses.
The Nursing Profession
Nurses are integral members of the healthcare team and provide first-line care to patients. Depending on their license and job requirements, nurses may administer injections, proscribe drugs, take vial signs, consultant with patients, and provide a host of other medical services. In the United States, each state has its own laws, rules, and regulations governing nursing care. Nurses are not limited to employment as bedside nurses. Registered nurses are employed by insurance companies, governmental agencies, community/public health agencies, private industry, school districts, and ambulatory surgery centers, among others.
What are the Requirements for Earning an Master’s Degree In Nursing?
Master’s of Nursing programs come in all shapes and sizes. The Entry-Level Master’s program is designed for students who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees in other disciplines, but want to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing. The Master of Science in Nursing with Clinical Nurse Specialties (CNS) prepares nurses to work in acute, primary, or long-term care settings. The Master of Science in Nursing with Nurse Practitioner (NP) Specialties prepare nurses to work with patients of all ages, or in the psychiatric and mental health settings.
Online Nursing MSN Degrees
Online Nursing Specializations
- Master of Science Family Nurse Practitioner: Georgetown University
- Master of Science Nurse Midwifery/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner: Georgetown University
- M.S. in Nursing: Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist: Grand Canyon University
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education: Grand Canyon University
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems: Grand Canyon University
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health: Grand Canyon University
- Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner: Kaplan University
- MSN – Nurse Administrator: Kaplan University
- MSN – Nurse Educator: Kaplan University
- RN to MS in Nursing: Kaplan University
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator: Liberty University Online
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nursing Education: Norwich University
- RN to MSN: Robert Morris University
- RN to MS in Nursing (licensed RNs only): The College Network
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics: University of Phoenix
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing/Health Care Education: University of Phoenix
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Business Administration/Health Care Management: University of Phoenix
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Health Administration: University of Phoenix
- M.S. in Nursing –Education (RN to MSN Option): Western Governors University
- M.S. Nursing – Education: Western Governors University
- M.S. Nursing – Leadership/Management: Western Governors University
- M.S. in Nursing –Education: WGU Indiana
- M.S. in Nursing –Leadership and Management: WGU Indiana
Online Nursing MSN Bridge Degrees
Find an Online Master\'s Degree
With all of the competition in today's workforce, having a bachelor's degree often times won't cut it. For those looking for better job placements and more opportunities in their career fields, consider embarking on an academic journey toward achieving a master's degree. Below are the top online universities that offer such graduate degree programs.
|Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, Kaplan University offers online and campus-based master's degree-level programs of study in the following subjects: business, IT, education, healthcare, nursing, and criminal justice.
|Post University has several Masters Degrees available at the campus or through online courses. These programs include several of the most popular masters degrees, including Business Administration, Teaching, and Public Administration. These programs can be completed in as little as eighteen (18) months, allowing students to advance their careers in under two years.