Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find the university that suits your needs.
Education Master Degrees
The Master of Education is a postgraduate master’s degree that offers students several programs of study in curriculum and instruction, counseling, and administration. In some states, a master’s degree is required to earn a professional license. In most states a master’s degree or higher is required for becoming a principal or school counselor.
The Education Profession
Education is an extremely large field with numerous avenues of employment. Most states require a master’s-level degree to be hired in educational administration as a principal, assistant or vice-principal, dean, curriculum consultant, or policy administrator. Graduates of master’s in education programs also use this knowledge to improve their careers in the classroom as secondary school teachers.
What are the Requirements for Earning an Master’s Degree In Education?
Programs focus on increasing teacher and student success. Curricula connect students with education experts, researchers, and scholars to deliver an impactful, realistic look at issues facing educators today. Courses review teacher professionalism, including beliefs and behaviors that contribute to a higher level of teacher performance, cultural and linguistic diversity, and supportive learning environments. Admission into these programs requires a bachelor’s degree in Education or in the specific field in which the teacher would be teaching, and several years’ experience.
Online Education MEd Degrees
- Master (M.Ed.) – Adult Education and Training: American InterContinental University
- MA/Education – Education and Public Policy: Ashford University
- MA/Education: Ashford University
- MA in Education – Teaching and Learning Emphasis: Brandman University
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Columbia College
- Master of Education – Program Specialist: Liberty University Online
- Master of Education – Teaching and Learning – Gifted: Liberty University Online
- Master of Education – Teaching and Learning – Middle Grades: Liberty University Online
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT): Masters of Arts in Teaching at USC
- Master of Education: Post University
- Master of Education / Teaching and Learning: Post University
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Adult Learning – Training & Performance Improvement: Walden University
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Education – General: Walden University
Find an Online Master\'s Degree
With all of the competition in today's workforce, having a bachelor's degree often times won't cut it. For those looking for better job placements and more opportunities in their career fields, consider embarking on an academic journey toward achieving a master's degree. Below are the top online universities that offer such graduate degree programs.
|Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, Kaplan University offers online and campus-based master's degree-level programs of study in the following subjects: business, IT, education, healthcare, nursing, and criminal justice.
|Post University has several Masters Degrees available at the campus or through online courses. These programs include several of the most popular masters degrees, including Business Administration, Teaching, and Public Administration. These programs can be completed in as little as eighteen (18) months, allowing students to advance their careers in under two years.